TEAM's induction heating systems use a coil wrapped around the object to create an electromagnetic field that generates heat within the object. These systems provide quicker heating, faster setup and teardown, the safety of cool coils, efficient power consumption and narrowly focused heat. They are ideal for line thaws and preheats, expansion/shrink fitting, bolt stretching, nut heating and PWHT for single large components.
Turbine Rotor De-Stacks
Quickly and safely heat rotor hubs to remove disks from shaft. No need to use gas rings or electrical resistance heaters.
Retaining Ring Removal
Removal of generator retaining rings and other shrink fit components.
Heating of Rotating Parts
Pre-Heating and PWHT of rotating components, such as turbine shafts, can be heated inside an Induction coil and monitored with wireless thermocouples.
Turbine Bolt Heating
De-tensioning and tensioning of turbine bolts. Typical heating time is two to eight minutes per bolt, resulting in significant time saving for client.
We can improve the integrity of welded components and minimize the risk of fabrication-related cracking. Used prior to cutting or welding older process equipment, our hydrogen removal technology can help protect equipment during cutting and welding as well as improve the quality of the finished work.
Heat Treatment (Annealing and Normalizing)
We offer a range of services for annealing and normalizing to alter the properties of metals that may or may not contain welds.
Induction heating has been successfully utilized to decontaminate huge storage tanks that once held toxic agents. The heating process drives residual chemical agents off the tank walls so they can be collected, and the tanks can be dismantled.
TEAM can help your company:
- Control and document welding preheat to reduce thermal stress
- Improve the microstructure and durability of the heat-affected zone
- Temper the metal and reduces tensile stresses, minimizing the risk of brittle fracture, stress and corrosion cracking and metal fatigue
- Ensure the structural integrity of the vessel or unit during treatment
- Get frozen lines flowing again quickly, and keeps them flowing until your plant’s steam tracing system is working again
- Improve the integrity of welded components and minimize the risk of fabrication-related cracking
- Decontaminate huge storage tanks that once held toxic agents